How to Write a Project Management Plan?
Writing a project management plan takes you a massive amount of time.
I help you with:
Tell me where to send your FREE sample
What do recent users say?
- What is the exact scope of work?
- From where do I get the resources?
- How long is it going to take?
- How do I control the budget?
- There must be certain risks, what am I going to do about them?
- What kind of reports are required and at what intervals?
- Who else is involved in the project and what is his/her interest?
- Where do I get the material and services from?
- How do I ensure the right level of quality?
- What do I do if things change?
- How to track project and status?
Not sure how to write a project management plan?
Becoming a confident, successful project manager is not an easy task - if you're looking for a good start, my project management template set will show you the way. You will gain access to relevant, practical specialist knowledge that will help you lead successful teams and realize high-quality projects.
Whether you are formally trained as a project manager or not, it is your job and your privilege to manage a project for a client. My template set gives you the basic structure of a project management plan and many useful documents and registers that will help you master the daily challenges of project management and develop yourself as a professional in the project management world.
What are the contents of a project management plan?
- Scope Management Plan
- Requirements Management Plan
- Schedule Management Plan
- Cost Management Plan
- Quality Management Plan
- Process Improvement Plan
- Resource Management Plan
- Communications Management Plan
- Risk Management Plan
- Procurement Management Plan
- Stakeholder Management Plan
- Financial Management Plan
- Health, Safety and Environmental Management Plan
- Change Management Plan
- and more
What Are the Advantages of Project Management Templates?
Contents of this project management template set
- Project charter template
- Project management plan template
- Change control log
- Project mobilization checklist
- Lesson learned recording form
- Lesson learned register
- Post project review template
- Project scope management plan template
- Project requirements management plan template
- Requirements register
- Statement of works
- WBS register
- Project schedule management plan template
- Milestone list
- Activity list
- Duration control sheet
- Gantt chart template
- Project cost management plan template
- Activity cost estimation sheet
- Project budget template
- Feasibility cost estimation sheet
- Project quality management plan template
- Process improvement plan template
- Testing register
- Concrete testing and delivery register
- Inspection register
- NCR register
- Project resource management plan template
- Resource breakdown structure
- RACI matrix
- Project communications management plan template
- Performance report
- Daily report
- Project risk management plan template
- Risk register
- Project procurement management plan template
- Request for a quotation
- Requisition order form and register
- Vendor evaluation
- Project stakeholder management plan template
- Stakeholder register
- Project financial management plan template
- Payment application
- Process matrix
- Formula collection
- Template usage guide
10 easy steps how to write a project management plan
However, I believe that the 10 steps below should help you get a good result.
01. Discuss the project with the key stakeholders
02. Create a scope document
03. Create a detailed project schedule
04. Define roles, responsibilities and resources
05. Create the project budget
06. Define and describe the communications process
07. Develop a project quality management plan
08. Now do a risk assessment
09. Develop monitor and control strategy
10. Obtain approval
Ready to Start your Project?
Love it, hate it, like it...
What do buyers say about the template set?
I love your templates. Unfortunately, I’m not in the construction trade so a few of the included templates aren’t for me, but the rest are great and a huge time saver. You saved me many hours of work. In this respect, the price is more than justified.
Fast and easy to use
I quickly needed a complete project management template package for a new project that is about to start. I found exactly what I needed on this website. All individual templates are coordinated with each other and have a consistent design. This is a big advantage. I’ve tried getting free templates before but they weren’t that complete, from different sources and therefore inconsistent design. I am absolutely satisfied with what I got for my money and saved a lot of time and work as promised. Thank you, keep it up.
Very decent work, complete, good support, amazingly cheap
I have to admit that I struggled with myself whether or not I should spend money on something that you can apparently get for free elsewhere.
In the end I decided to buy and I don’t regret it. The set is very complete and all templates are well geared for each other. Templates are very easy to use and I received uncomplicated support quickly. I ordered a few additional project-specific custom made templates, which I received very quickly and which were just as easy to use.
Possibly I could have found and used free templates, but they would probably be less geared to each other, less or no support and from different sources. The associated additional effort on my part would have cost me a few extra hours of work, so I am more than happy with the price paid.
Response from World of Project Management
Thank you for your trust, business and of course for your very positive comment. It gives me motivation to improve my templates further, to add more templates and of course I am still available for support at any time.
These templates got me started and actually increased my productivity
I haven’t regretted buying your templates a couple of weeks ago.
There are similarly priced packages on the market that contain more documents. However, after taking a closer look, I realized that the other packages often contain many documents twice that only differ in design. After some online research, I found a couple of worldwide projects you managed, so I was sure that, by buying your templates, I would benefit from your many years of experience too.
I am completely happy with my templates and can absolutely recommend them.
Response from World of Project Management
Thank you for your positive feedback. I’m glad that I could help.